Frozen Ropes Cape Cod hosts Olympian Lisa Fernandez!
June 1, 2008
Article Title: testing title
Publication Date: June 1, 2008
The Greatest Softball Player of this generation...
Team USA Olympian Lisa Fernandez
Lisa Fernandez made a name for herself in international softball competition in the early 1990s, playing with the gold medal-winning U.S. women's softball teams in the 1990 ISF Women's World Championship and the 1991 Pan American Games. For the next four years, she was a player on Softball USA teams that took home gold medals in international competition, winning in 1992 at the Women's World Challenger Cup games in Beijing, China, and the following year at the Intercontinental Cup games. In 1994, she played for the U.S. team that won the gold medal.
Lisa will be working with all pitchers and position players in all aspects of the FastPitch game.
- Three-time Olympic Gold medalist (1996, 2000, 2004)
- Three-time Pan American Gold medalist (1991, 1999, 2003)
- Four-time World Champion (1990, 1994, 1998, 2002)
- USOC Top 10 Athlete of the Year Award
- 2-time Women's Sports Foundation Athlete of the Year Nominee